- Find a Provider
Redeemer Health provides compassionate care across every stage of life.
- View all Services
- Health Care
- Cancer Care
- Heart Care
- Hospital at Home
- Maternity Care
- Pediatric Urgent Care
- More Health Care Services
- Home Care
- Support at Home
- Special Recovery at Home
- Chronic & Complex Conditions
- Advanced Care at Home
- Hospice Care
- More Home Care Services
- Patients & Visitors
If you or a loved one is living with a serious, terminal or long-term illness, talk to our specialists about palliative care.
Compassionate Palliative Medicine in the Greater Philadelphia Area
Chronic health conditions or terminal health conditions, such as cancer, can greatly impact a person’s physical, spiritual and psychological well-being. Palliative care provides our patients and their loved ones extra support to lessen the burden of their chronic or terminal illnesses and help them live the highest quality of life possible.
Palliative care is often provided, but not limited, to patients with the following diagnoses:
- Heart disease
- Lung disease
- Kidney failure
- Alzheimer’s or dementia
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Other neurological conditions including stroke, Parkinson’s disease, and multiple sclerosis
Palliative Care at Redeemer Health
Each patient’s palliative care needs are unique, requiring a team approach. Our team of nurses, behavioral health specialists, and social workers work with your doctor to address specific symptoms and other personal needs.
With the aim of improving each patient’s overall quality of life, our palliative care program offers the following services:
- Symptom management
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Coping strategies
- Care coordination with other doctors for comprehensive treatment
- Referral to counseling services
We also provide palliative care at home and in other primary residences, which may include a personal care facility or hospice.
When to Consider Palliative Medicine
We understand that some illnesses cannot be cured or are difficult to live with. Many patients have turned to our palliative care team for support dealing with:
- A serious, chronic, or progressive illness that involves physical or emotional pain and suffering
- Relief from symptoms, such as pain, nausea, loss of appetite, anxiety, or fatigue
- Establishing treatment goals and improving quality of life
At Redeemer Health, we believe there’s more to life than a diagnosis or illness. If you’d like to learn more about our palliative care services, please contact us today to get started.
Redeemer Health provides compassionate palliative care convenient to Northeast Philadelphia, Bucks County, Montgomery County, and beyond.